Wednesday 13 July 2011

SPOONFLOWER ME SOME

I wanted to do a small feature on an exciting (not-so-new) website that I came across (not so long ago). It's called Spoonflower. And it's a website dedicated to bringing together independent fabric designers from around the world. Spoonflower makes it possible for individuals--that includes you and me--to design, print, and sell their own fabric designs. Don't believe me? See for yourself. It's pretty wicked if you're into that sort of thing (and I so am).

While I haven't had a chance to dabble in my own fabric design (yet!), I've done my fair share of browsing other designers' products--I placed my very first order just the other day and I couldn't be more excited! 















Swatches of a few of my favourite prints from Spoonflower,
including a few that I've order for my own projects!

I picked up some geometric prints, along with some other fun designs for some new living room cushions and/or decorative bedroom pillows.

I ended up with a modge podge of designs (as you can see) but that's besides the point. The important thing is that I managed to walk away with just a few purchases and not the entire website. Take a look--you'll be totally smitten, too!

images via spoonflower

No comments:

Post a Comment