Tuesday 6 December 2011

OH, BY THE WAY

I'm back. Kind of.

I actually still have two papers to write--both of which are due in a week and both of which I've barely started researching, never mind writing. But, I thought that if I have time to workout and eat lunch everyday, I have time to blog (so...I guess I'm not eating lunch today?).

With the anticipation of the holidays, I can't help but be distracted. I love this time of year: stringing Christmas lights, decorating the tree (which R and I have yet to pick up), ooh and festive baking! On this year's menu? Salted caramels, meringue cookies, dark chocolate peppermint bark, and red velvet whoopie pies (om nom nom). I'm telling you, it's really difficult to want to read books and write papers when all you really want to do is string popcorn and have a holiday movie marathon. Alas, I'll have to wait another week.

In the meantime, here's some cold weather outfit inspiration for those dropping temperatures (brr!):


For the cabin/snow fight/or just out in the city, why not try an extra
warm parka with brightly coloured accessories?


Monochrome and comfy: pair a dark grey wool coat with black leggings,
ankle boots, and a toasty blanket scarf.

Belt a wool coat and throw on a traditional knit scarf and a pair of
leather booties.

Make a bold coloured jacket the centre of your ensemble and pair
with wool shorts, over-the-knee socks, and leather riding boots.

Go classic in a wool peacoat. Add a cashmere scarf, velvet gloves, trendy
ankle boots, and you're set! 


How do you like to stay warm during the cold (particularly-if-you're-in-Canada) winters?

images via jcrewing, charmed, note to self, mariannan, and imgfave 

No comments:

Post a Comment