Thursday 19 January 2012

BABY, IT'S (STILL) COLD OUTSIDE

And it seems like it'll be here for a while. As the temperatures continue to drop, less and less of me wants to leave the house. I'll get up and out for my morning workout, but when I should be heading to the library to do research, I'm curled up at my desk at home doing work (s'okay, right?).

Well, when I do eventually have to attend a meeting, appointment, audition, or class, I pile on the layers. And this includes tending to what can become dry, cracked, and chapped skin due to the blistering cold temperatures and even worse windchill. Now, I haven't always been so attentive to caring for my skin and moisturizing, but over the holidays--when I had time to moisturize twice a day, everyday, and then some--I noticed what a difference it makes when you actually take the time to hydrate your skin. And what a glow! So, now--and especially since it's become so cold and dry outside--I've been slathering on the lotion in hopes of preserving that youthful glow we so desire. 

Here are my favourite products that I like to use on the regular to maintain my skin's moisture and keep that healthy glow even through the otherwise drab winter months.

Bonus: there's only a few and they're all totally affordable.



St. Ives Intensive Healing Body Lotion is my pick for an all-over body
lotion; be sure to moisturize right after a shower, $6.



Carmex Lip Balm is my go-to for chapped lips (aside from good ol' Vaseline,
of course!); it's got this great cooling effect that I just love, about $3.

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion is a newer discovery of mine, and
while Aveeno products can tend to cost a little more than say, St. Ives, they're
totally worth it; I use this lotion mostly for hands and feet, $7.

Vaseline is the answer to all of your dry/cracked/chapped skin woes, there's
no need to buy expensive lotions; Vaseline is the ultimate moisturizer, it
doesn't clog pores, and it's unscented (perfect for those sensitive skin types), $5.

What are your favourite moisturizing products that help you get through the cooler months?

images via google

No comments:

Post a Comment