Wednesday 11 July 2012

NO-BAKE, NO PROBLEM

The other day I was craving oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but didn't want to bake because of the hot weather (our galley kitchen traps the heat, and it can be a real boiler room to cook in). Instead, I made my own version of these no-bake energy bites by Maggie at Smashed Peas and Carrots. They were perfect to satisfy my cookie craving and I didn't even have to turn on the oven.



No-Bake Energy Bites

2 cups oats
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tbsp. Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tsp. vanilla 

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. 

Try This: These bites are delicious straight out of the freezer, too!

As Maggie of Smashed Peas and Carrots says, make these bites your own. Use a different nut butter, try honey or maple syrup in place of the agave, add chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment