Friday 20 July 2012

WEEKEND SALUTE (WITH SPICY ASIAN MEATBALLS)

My lack of posts can only mean one thing. Finally, I'm finding things to keep myself busy, like auditioning and training with my acting coach and work and auditioning some more.

Despite being extra busy lately, there's one thing you can bet I'll always have time for, and that's making yummy food to keep my belly happy. To help salute the weekend, below is a recipe for Spicy Asian Meatballs. Moist and juicy, and full of flavour!


Spicy Asian Meatballs
adapted from Health-Bent 

1 lb. ground pork, preferably antibiotic- and hormone-free
1 egg
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 green onion, finely chopped
2 tsp. grated ginger
salt and pepper

1. Mix pork, egg, and flour in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, combine well.

2. Heat a large skillet with a light coating of cooking spray on medium-high heat. Using your hands, form small 1 1/2-inch meatballs and place in hot skillet. Cook for a few minutes until initial side is browned. Cover for another 2-3 minutes until meatballs start to cook through, then turn or toss the meatballs, so every side is golden brown. The total cooking time for the meatballs should be around 10 minutes.

3. Once meatballs are cooked, transfer from pan to a serving dish and garnish with extra green onion. Enjoy on their own or with your favourite dipping sauce! 

Makes 25-30 meatballs.




In addition to work this weekend and Sunday brunch (I love Sunday brunch), I have lots of prepping for the week ahead. I'll be on-set working for part of the week, I'm being called upon by R's company to train some new staff, and I'm baking 200 and some specialty cupcakes for a corporate event, never mind the auditions I have to look forward to. Let's hope I can get some relaxation and much needed quality time with R before all chaos ensues. 

(And, so long as I have the chance to post, stay tuned next week for a new fitness series and my latest fashion obsession)

Have a lovely weekend, all!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

images via healthy and happy, the glitter guide, and pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment