I'm no vegan, but when I found myself with a bunch of extra ripe bananas and no eggs last weekend (and with an urge to bake something), I couldn't help but dive into this recipe for egg-free, gluten-free banana bread.
I'll admit, the consistency is unlike any banana bread I've ever eaten (it's more of a bread consistency than a loaf or cake-like consistency of standard banana breads), but the taste is just like any other.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Banana Bread
recipe adapted from bcliving
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 bananas, over ripe
1/2 cup honey
3 tbsp. olive oil or any mild tasting oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pan using oil or butter.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add honey, oil, and vanilla. Mix well; the more liquid-y the better.
4. In thirds, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon into loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.