Thursday 9 February 2012

SWEET NOTHINGS

I'm not really one to get all mushy on Valentine's Day. In fact, I think R and I have only ever celebrated the holiday once (out of 4) and it was spent making a home-cooked meal of roasted chicken and asparagus, curled up on the couch watching a movie.

Don't get me wrong, I like a nice meal out but you can do that any day. And I don't like red roses. Yellow tulips are more my thing.

In case you're looking for something sweet to give someone special this Valentine's Day, though (whether your spouse, your best friend, mom...):

(here are some of my favourites)

Make your own scratch tickets with your own special rewards!

Tell him/her all of the reasons you love them in a miniature book.

Fill heart-shaped boxes with your Valentine's favourite sweets!

Gift these 'Good Together' stacking cups listed on Wanelo.

Add some V-Day flare to already-made tea bags, or buy loose
leaf and fashion your own tea bags with a needle and thread.

Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make extra sweet brownies.

What kind of sweet ideas for Valentine's gift-giving do you have in mind?

images via design sponge, paper vine, salt water wishes, and wanelo 

No comments:

Post a Comment