Here's a recipe for one of my favourites:
1/2 apple, chopped
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1-2 tbsp. raw cashews halves
maple syrup, to taste
1. Prepare oatmeal according to package--whether you're using large flake, steel cut, or quick-cook oats, the cooking process and time will vary.
2. To the prepared oatmeal, add apple. Drizzle with desired amount of maple syrup (you can also add the maple syrup directly into the pan when your oatmeal is cooking). Top with non-fat plain yogurt--or try this--and cashews. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving.
Other delicious ways to enjoy your oatmeal?
- banana, natural peanut butter, honey, ground flaxseed
- mango, kiwi, non-fat plain yogurt, agave nectar
- berries, soy milk, agave nectar, raw almonds
- canned pumpkin, soy milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, honey
- dried cranberries, apple, cinnamon, walnuts, honey
- pineapple, non-fat plain yogurt, unsweetened coconut, agave nectar