R and I had guests over for dinner last Friday and I made this for dessert:
It was delicious. And considering I adjusted the recipe to include all whole wheat flour and no white flour at all, it was surprisingly moist. Um yum.
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze
adapted from this recipe at Food & Whine
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, vanilla, honey, agave, eggs, and pumpkin.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flaxseed, flour, baking soda, and spices. Combine with wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. Pour into a greased bundt pan (mine was 8 cups) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool until removing from the pan. Transfer to a plate and/or cake stand.
borrowed from here
2 tbsps. cornstarch
2 tbsps. water
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsps. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water. Place maple syrup and cornstarch mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in vanilla and nuts, and cool to room temperature.
4. Spoon over top of cooled cake, letting glaze drizzle down the sides.
Makes 12 servings.